It’s been a busy and frankly very stressful week but I am taking a few moments to be grateful for it. There were moments I really, really didn’t enjoy but I choose to dwell on the positives and opportunities in these situations. Such a powerful practice. Here’s my quick gratitude list:
1. Saturday morning sleep in. Very much needed and appreciated.
2. Delicious breakfast. Breakfast really is my favourite meal of the day 🙂
3. Giant spider emerging from my bookshelf at work yesterday reminding me that: a) I am surrounded by supportive people who take me seriously and help when my arachnophobia rears its ugly head and b) I probably shouldn’t have gone to work on my day off!
4. Great conversations with colleagues and even greater conversations with some very dear friends.
5. I SAW MY SISTER IN PERSON ON THURSDAY! She is finally home from her epic 2 year round-the-world adventure and even though it was very brief, I was SO excited to see her and her husband and his mum within hours of them arriving back in the land of Oz. Love you sis 🙂
6. House buying process is happening….slowly and stressfully but surely. Yippee 🙂
7. Date night with my fiancé: delicious food, fine conversation and enough local knowledge to help the tourists at the table next to us with their weekend plans.
8. My all natural bi-carb deodorant. Don’t laugh, I know it sounds incredibly hippy, but it WORKS! It has been extremely hot this week, and today and tomorrow will be hotter still, and this stuff really does work. It also smells great because I added some beautiful essential oils. And it doesn’t have any nasties 🙂 Will post a recipe soon.
9. Crinkle! She is so cute.
10. Toowoomba Writers’ Festival is today and I’m going. Feeling nervous and excited all at once.
11. The lingering sense of wonderment and awe that I still feel from witnessing a bushfire very close to home this week. It was frightening and beautiful all at once. Thankfully it was controlled and as far as I’m aware nobody was injured and no property was damaged, but I was on alert the night it was within blocks of my house. It was truly awe-inspiring to see the beauty and power of nature so close.
12. Podcasts! I just love them so much 🙂
13. Hope for the future. I have some big plans and it’s nice to feel excited about them 🙂
14. The fact that my thermostat seems to be built for heat. Not extreme heat, granted, but heat none-the-less, which means I am less affected by 38 degree days than some of the people around me.
15. That said, I’m also very grateful for air conditioning! I will not be overusing it but I anticipate putting it on for a couple of hours this afternoon to cool down the house so that it is more comfortable when Stuart gets home from cricket (who plays cricket in 38 degree heat???).
What are you grateful for this week?